Monday, July 9, 2012

Craziness

I can hardly believe we are in Ohio. I am empowered by how far we've come in just a few short weeks; while watching a sunset or getting to the next city we often say - "You know the best part about this? WE BIKED HERE!!!"

My legs are getting stronger. I'm no longer worried about my knees giving out on me and I have pushed myself beyond what I believed my shaky legs could carry me.

Tomorrow we ride 90 miles. Our wake-up times have shifted in response to these long days and the recent heat wave that pushed the temperatures into the mid-nineties.

After riding into our host site, we were driving (yes, weird I know) to take showers nearby and heard the mayor put out a public service announcement asking everyone to avoid going outside. And to check on your elderly neighbors, too.

It is often these little things that make me feel a little crazy for doing this but also less of a wimp for stopping occasionally to have an amazing root beer float or to eat a juicy peach in the shade with my fellow riders.

What am I saying - we are completely crazy!!! Here I am typing away at midnight, and I get up in five hours to bike 90 miles.

With that, I am going to get horizontal for a while.

Look at my facebook for photos! There are quite a few to browse through. I know you are trying to avoid all that work you have to do. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment